Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Things that make my mouth water and ears bleed joy

I've really been enjoying listening to music and exploring Valencia & Mission as of late, but today I had to cut my walk short because for the first time in two weeks I felt really sketched out by being out alone at night. Maybe because the last hotel was, though much sketchier, located in a busier area of the Mish. Or maybe there was just something about today that made me feel extra sensitive to the general public. Anyway, didn't like the feeling so I just made my way back to the hotel after 15 minutes. Such a shame because I was so sluggish today/it's been so hot lately that I was dreading going back to the stuffiness that is currently my room.

Talking to Stenny always cheers me up. You can never have enough posi people around you. And foodies. She barely just got offline (it's 4:20am in Brazil right now) after an amazing 1 1/2 hour long AIM conversation we had about a plethora of glorious topics, such as bleeding meats, our future restaurant venture (which I promised would be 51% devoted to fried foods), and crazy bad recipes we will undoubtedly cook up upon her return. When talking to the Keebz, it always comes back to food, especially ones that are terrible for you.

me: dude i just got a craving for meat
me: i guess thats what happens when i talk to you
stenny: BEST
stenny: COMPLIMENT
stenny: EVER
stenny: i'm honored to awaken that fire within you

It's me who should be honored, my friend.

It was soon revealed that we were both scrolling through this site without either of us knowing. Typical. But nothing to be ashamed about. It's ridiculous how happy that site makes me. Whenever I see the craziest shit (like THIS ...and THIS!) I can't stop myself from smiling ear to ear. It's sick, I know. But how comforting it is to know that there are so many more sick twisted kindred spirits out there, ones who are actually making their gluttonous dreams into reality.

Enough about food. On to MUSIC!

Lately I have been finding such great pleasure listening to certain albums, both new and old. Only problem is that I didn't bring an ipod cord, so I'm unable to take my new finds out into the Mission with me. Actually that's something that's really pissing me off right now. Fixable, but hugely annoying for the time being.

Not enough to cloud my excitement, though. New Interpol is right around the corner, but Turn on the Bright Lights has never sounded more amazing. And I just found out the White Rabbits are opening for them!!! ASTRONOMICAL upgrade from The Liars. They are my faaaaav band currently, and I haven't been into an album this much since...err... Congratulations... which came out months ago, sure, but like I said, such an exciting time for music/my ears right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment