Monday, March 28, 2011

Home is where self-doubt is

I had some interesting realizations after taking my spring break in socal this past week.

1. I feel like an extremely obnoxious person in Fullerton. Mind you I fully lathered in the luxuries of being at home and had an amazing time with family and friends, but I haven't self-reflected on that kind of a negative level in a long time. I spent most of my 6 hr ride home thinking about how I need to become a better person. It's really good in a sense that I was forced to check myself, but it didn't change the fact that I felt shitty.

2. I fucking hate LA. I know there are some great areas such as Echo Park and I'm more talking the douchebaggery that resides in that city particularly the Westwood area, but let's just say I'm SO happy I decided to stay up north post-grad.

3. I love San Francisco. I fucking love it. It truly is the greatest city in the world and I'm so happy to be building a new life here.


3 comments:

Genevieve said...

#norcal

Mike said...

Full disclosure: I fucking love that you love San Francisco.

deadmarinegirl said...

:)))

Post a Comment